Want to make a difference in our greater community? St. Gabriel's Army is a St. Gabriel outreach service organization by youth and for youth. This is an excellent opportunity to get involved in serving others throughout the greater DFW area. Youth are invited not only to participate in projects, but also to help identify and plan projects. This amazing ministry is headed by Carolina Ward.
ADULT CHAPERONES ARE NEEDED for every project. Please contact Carolina Ward if you are able to help.
January Project: Tango TAb
WHEN: Saturday, January 19, 2019. Arrive to City Works at 8:15AM. The event will end at 11AM.
WHERE: City Works, 3680 The Star Blvd. #1300, Frisco TX 75034
WHAT WE ARE DOING: Tango Tab’s Feed the City Events seek to break the world record for the number of sandwiches made at one time while providing food to local shelters and food pantries. Please visit THIS LINK for important information.
WHAT I NEED TO WEAR: We would love if you wore orange (but not required), make sure your hair is pulled back, so it doesn't hang in your face or wear a ball cap, wear anything you can get bleach spots on.
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING: We need donations to make sandwiches. You can bring any of the items in any combination, but this is what we recommend...
• Meat: Please try to make this turkey, chicken or ham (we do not prefer bologna); Unfortunately, we cannot accept any meat from the deli counter
• Cheese: 16 slices each of cheese (no spicy cheese please!)
• Bread: Try to find a loaf that has 20 slices (not including the ends); Btw we definitely prefer wheat
• 1 bottle of yellow mustard
• 1 bag of Halos, Cuties or tangerines
• 1-2 bags of chips (not the individual bags)
• 100 count of Sandwich Bags (make sure they zip)
PLEASE TRY TO BRING AN EQUAL AMOUNT OF MEAT, CHEESE & BREAD. Example: If you bring enough slices of cheese for 72 sandwiches, bring enough meat and bread for 72 sandwiches.
*** Please note that we will ask for donations from all of the youth at St. Gabriel- not just the youth attending this event.
WILL I GET SERVICE HOURS FOR ATTENDING? Yes!